Every publisher of television programming must obtain a television broadcasting license before they begin to broadcast their television programme, regardless of the platform of dissemination. The procedure for obtaining a license is detailed in Articles 105 and 106 of the Media Act and the General act on the license for providing radio or television activities.
The procedure of obtaining a license for performing television activities
The Agency issues a license based on the publisher's application, after receiving an opinion of the Broadcasting Council.
The preconditions for obtaining a license are:
- registered television broadcasting activity and
- a decision of the Ministry of Culture on the entry of the television station into the Media Register.
The application for obtaining a license should include:
- the data on the television programming publisher (the name of the applicant, their seat or home address, the legal representative or authorised person, company register number),
- the name of the activity (i.e. television activity),
- the name of the television station that the publisher plans to broadcast and
- the filled-out form on basic programming requirements to which the publisher must adhere in their broadcasts.