The AKOS Council is a body of the Agency established by ZEKom-1. His responsibilities are:
- adoption of its rules of procedure,
- adoption of the work program and financial plan and the annual report of the Agency,
- monitoring the implementation of the Agency's work program and financial plan,
- giving consent to the statutes adopted by the director of the agency,
- proposing the dismissal of the Director of the Agency,
- proposing a temporary ban on the performance of the Director's duties,
- proposing the early dismissal of members of the Agency's Council.
The operation of the AKOS Council is defined by Articles 174 to 180 of ZEKom-1.
The members of the council are:
- Luka Dekleva, President of the Council
- Marjan Turk, Deputy President of the Council,
- mag. Marko Mišmaš,
- dr. Uroš Svete and
- mag. Matej Mencej.