Every publisher of radio programming must obtain a radio broadcasting license before they begin to broadcast their radio programme, regardless of the platform of dissemination. The procedure for obtaining a license is detailed in Articles 105 and 106 of the Media Act and the General act on the license for providing radio or television activities.
The procedure for obtaining a radio broadcasting license
The Agency issues a license based on the publisher's application, after receiving an opinion of the Broadcasting Council.
The preconditions for obtaining a license are:
- registered radio activity and
- a decision from the Ministry of Culture on the entry of the radio station into the Media Register.
The application for obtaining a license should include:
- the data on the publisher of radio programming (the name of the applicant, their seat or home address, the legal representative or authorised person, company register number),
- the name of the activity (i.e. radio activity),
- the name of the radio programming that the publisher plans to broadcast and
- the filled-out form on basic programming requirements to which the publisher must adhere in their broadcasts.